Project Name: Sevastopol International Festival of Documentary Films and TV Programs “VICTORIOUS TOGETHER”
Project Website: http://pobedilivmeste.ru
Project Manager: Valery Davidovich Ruzin, President of the Eurasian Academy of Television and Radio, Chairman of the Council for Film and Video Visualization of the Cultural and Historical Space of Eurasia
President of the Festival: Vladimir Menshov, People's Artist of the Russian Federation
Venue and Time: Republic of Crimea, Sevastopol, annually
- draw attention to the issues of preserving the historical memory of peoples, supporting the movement against the erosion of value and semantic aspects of history, falsification of the results of the Second World War and the Great Patriotic War;
- intensify the search for new practices for the formation of constructive and creative images of memory of the Victory over fascism, which would help to strengthen mutual understanding and peaceful relations between countries and peoples.
- Create an assembly point for the consolidation of Eurasian film and television personalities who stand for historical truth and are ready to defend it today.
- Countering attempts to falsify and rewrite the history of the Great Patriotic War. Affirmation of the victory in the Second World War and the Great Patriotic War in the collective historical memory of peoples.
- Association of creative forces of Russia and Eurasian countries to create joint film and TV projects on military, historical and cultural topics.
- Expanding the target audience of the project: students of creative Universities and creative youth of Russia, the CIS, the Baltic States, Georgia, and foreign countries, as well as residents and guests of Sevastopol, who make up a growing every year audience.
Festival Organizers: the Eurasian Academy of Television and Radio, the Council for Film and Video Visualization of the Cultural and Historical Space of Eurasia, Government of Sevastopol, “Channel One. Worldwide Network - Pobeda TV Channel”.
At present, attempts to falsify and deheroize the history of the Second World War and the Great Patriotic War have become more frequent. Such attempts try to belittle the heroic achievements, the decisive role and contribution of the Soviet Union peoples to the victory over fascism. To resist these thoughts and actions is the task the festival sets and solves by means of documentary films and television. The festival contributes to the formation of Russian national identity on the historical, cultural and military-historical base of Sevastopol, and promotes closer ties between Russia and its partners in the Eurasian Economic Union. The member countries of the EEC are traditionally represented at the festival. The involvement of a large number of domestic and foreign film and television professionals, creative youth from more than 20 countries and many regions of Russia in the festival serves to develop public diplomacy and strengthen inter-ethnic and inter-religious harmony.
The festival program includes:
- International Contest of documentary films (divided into two blocks "Memory" and "Reflection" - films on historical and modern themes)
- Television competition
- International Film School Contest
- National Contest “VICTORIOUS TOGETHER”
- Eurasian panorama of documentalists – “Eurasia Pulse”
- Non-competitive feature film program
- Program of creative meetings
- other special programs, events and projects (master classes, special shows, pitchings, lectures, presentations, round tables) within the educational program
Since 2019, the festival program includes the International Public Forum “Preserving the Memory of the Second World War and the Great Patriotic War".
Dates of the Festival and Forum 2020: Festival - August 27 - September 4; Forum - September 4.
News about the festival and forum: