The project is dedicated to the courage, perseverance and heroism of the defenders of besieged Leningrad during the Great Patriotic War and the 80th anniversary of the creation of military transport road No. 101 - the legendary Road of Life.
Project organizers: Eurasian Peoples 'Assembly, The Assembly of peoples of Russia, RPO “Council for Interethnic Cooperation”
Project Leader: Yuri Anatolyevich Palamarchuk, Head of the Representation of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly in the Leningrad Region, President of the Council for Interethnic Cooperation, Member of the Interethnic Council under the Governor of the Leningrad Region, Candidate of Law
Venue and time: Leningrad region, regions of Russia, countries of Eurasia, ongoing project starting from 2020.
- Unification of the multinational community around spiritual and moral values associated with the heroic pages of the battle for Leningrad and the Victory in the Great Patriotic War.
- Countering the falsification of history - preserving the historical truth of the feat of the defenders of the Fatherland in the Great Patriotic War.
- Patriotic education of the younger generation on the example of the exploits of the soldiers of the 63rd Guards Rifle Division, defenders of the legendary Road of Life, whose 80th anniversary will be celebrated in 2021.
Project main objectives
- Creation of the Square of Military Glory and Memory
- Creation of the patriotic ethnopark "The Road of Life - the Road of Military Glory"
- Organization and holding of the International Action "The Road of Life - the Road of Military Glory"
- Creation of a short video film following the results of the project "Road of Life - Road of Military Glory"
Content of the project
The international patriotic project "Road of Life - Road of Military Glory" includes a whole range of events dedicated to perpetuating the events of the war years and the memory of the legendary defenders of Leningrad, with the involvement of a wide range of public from the regions of Russia and the countries of the former USSR:
- Creation of the Square of Military Glory and Memory on the territory of the Vsevolozhsk District of the Leningrad Region, consisting of a Monument and national alleys dedicated to servicemen of the Great Patriotic War - representatives of different peoples. It is planned to build an international patriotic center, where regular exhibitions about war heroes will be organized, expositions about soldiers from the Union republics and countries who fought against the Nazis on the outskirts of Leningrad are presented. Together with other components, the square should become the basis of a unique patriotic ethnopark, a place for preserving the historical truth about the Great Victory as the property of all peoples participating in the fight against fascism.
- The erection of the Monument to the defenders of the Road of Life at the site of the deployment of the legendary multinational 136th (63rd Guards) Rifle Division. The monument, erected on the blood-drenched Leningrad soil and dedicated to the multinational personnel of the division, who ensured the viability of the Road of Life, will be fitted with casings with the native land of the defenders of the Road of Life from the former republics of the USSR. Also, the monument will reflect the courage and heroism of the civilian population.
- Carrying out the International Action "The Road of Life - the Road of Military Glory", including international round tables and events with the participation of volunteer organizations, the St. Petersburg Peace and Accord Council; an initiative to assign the names of the heroes of the Great Patriotic War to the streets of settlements; an expedition to survey and raise ships, sunken during the war, and others.
- Promotion of a public initiative to establish the honorary title "Road of Military Glory" and assign it to the military transport arteries of the Great Patriotic War, such as the Leningrad Road of Life.
- Creation of a short video film following the implementation of the "Road of Life - Road of Military Glory" project. Distribution of the materials in the information space with the help of the project partners will contribute to counteract the falsification of history, especially among the youth.
Social significance of the project
Today, in a period of political instability and attempts to rewrite the results of World War II, the issue of preserving historical truth is very acute. People of different nationalities from all the republics of the Soviet Union defended the city blocked by the Nazis and made their important contribution to the common Great Victory.
Active participation in the project of volunteer and veteran organizations, including blockademen abroad, search engines, students of cadet classes, pupils of Suvorov and Nakhimov schools, members of the All-Russian organization "Youth Army", as well as representatives of the museum, scientific community and cultural figures will help to perpetuate the memory of courage and the heroism of the defenders of besieged Leningrad, to preserve the historical truth, prevent it from being forgotten and distorted.
Through the joint efforts of local authorities, public organizations, veteran communities, national communities, volunteers The activities of the project will unite the multinational and multi-confessional community not only in the Leningrad region, but also in the countries of the former USSR and the countries that were allies of the anti-Hitler coalition.