This, as well as the creation of the Project's Organizing Committee, was announced on June 6 at the online conference “International Patriotic Action “Road of Life -Road of Military Glory”.
The project was initiated by the Representation of the Eurasian Peoples’Assembly in the Leningrad Region and is part of the International megaproject of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly “VICTORIOUS TOGETHER - for Peace and Creation”.
First Deputy Secretary General - Head of the General Secretariat of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly Svetlana Smirnova and Head of the Representative Office of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly in the Leningrad Region Yuri Palamarchuk opened the online conference.
The conference was attended by:
- Alexey Igonin, member of the Legislative Assembly of the Leningrad Oblast;
- Andrey Vassoevich, rector of the Institute of Oriental studies of the Herzen State Pedagogical University, Chairman of the St. Petersburg Peace Council;
- Igor Matyuk, Head of the National Emergency Rescue Agency “NARA”;
- Yunus Khautiev, Plenipotentiary Representative of the Republic of Ingushetia in the North-Western Federal District;
- Vyacheslav Valerianov, co-Chairman of the International Public Movement “Civil World”, PhD in Engeneering, a writer;
- Alexey Makhotin, Hero of the Russian Federation, Head of the Leningrad Regional Public Movement “Combat Brotherhood”;
- The Ravshanbek Kurbanov, Head of the Council of the Public Organization “Uzbegim” and the Elders Council of the Uzbek Diaspora in the Leningrad Region;
- Nikolai Kazantsev, Head of the Administration of Shcheglovsky municipal formation of Vsevolozhsky district;
- Natalia Valkonina, co-Chair of the International Municipal Twinning Club.
Yuri Palamarchuk, Head of the Representative Office of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly in the Leningrad Region, read out a greeting from Lyra Burak, Chairman of the Committee on Local Self Government, Interethnic and Interfaith Relations of the Leningrad Region, which emphasized the role of the multinational community in preserving the peoples’ historical memory of the Great Patriotic war.
Participants of the online conference decided to join forces and prepare an Appeal to the Civic Chamber of Russian Federation on awarding the title “Road of Military Glory” to the Road of Life. Alexey Igonin, a member of the Legislative Assembly of the Leningrad Oblast, for his part, suggested preparing an Appeal to the Ministry of Culture with a request to support the project.
The information support for the project “Road of Life - Road of Military Glory” will be organized with the help of youth movements. It is planned to create a YouTube channel of the same name.
The Head of Administration of Shcheglovsky of Municipal formation of Vsevolozhsky district Nikolay Kazantsev and Head of the Representation of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly in the Leningrad Region Yuri Palamarchuk spoke about the creation of Patriotic Etno-Park “Road of Life” and planed, in connection with its opening, events.
The Head of the National Emergency Rescue Agency “NARA” Igor Matyuk reported on the heroic boat of the siege of Leningrad period raised from the bottom of Ladoga. He suggested holding the next meeting in the Military Historical Museum of St. Petersburg.
First Deputy Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly Svetlana Smirnova recalled that the Assembly regularly organizes international public forums dedicated to preserving the memory of the Second World War and the Great Patriotic war.
On June 22, the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly will hold a Commemorative Online Action dedicated to the beginning of the Great Patriotic War. The participants of the conference were invited to join the Assembly’s Action.
At the end of the conference, Yuri Palamarchuk, Head of the Representative Office of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly in the Leningrad Region launched the project “International Patriotic Action “Road of Life - Road of Military Glory” and wished all its participants success in their noble endeavors.