On September 8, 2020 (the first day of the Siege of Leningrad in 1941) at 12 a.m. (Moscow time) will be held a stone laying ceremony for the monument to the multinational personnel of the 136 (63) Guards Division in Shcheglovo, Leningrad Region (Russia).
This is one of a number of activities of the International Patriotic Action “Road of Life - Road of Military Glory”, initiated by the Representation of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly in the Leningrad Region (Russia) as part of the International mega project of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly “VICTORIOUS TOGETHER- for Peace and Creation”.
Recall that on June 6, at the online conference the International Patriotic Action “Road of Life – Road of Military Glory” was launched and the creation of the organizing Committee was announced. Today, the intention to join the organizing Committee has been confirmed by:
- Metropolitan of Karelia and Petrozavodsk Constantine;
- Ravil Pancheev, Mufti of the Spiritual Directorate of Muslims in the North-Western Federal District of the Russian Federation;
- Ivan Laptev, Bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church “Ingria”;
- Buddha Badmaev, the Head of the Buddhist community, Abbot of Datsan in St. Petersburg;
- Arm-Poghos Vardanyan, Vicar of the Head of the Russian and Novo-Nakhichevan Diocese for St. Petersburg and the North-West Region;
- Alexey Makhotin, Hero of Russia;
- Svetlana Smirnova, First Deputy Secretary General – Head of the General Secretariat of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly, Chairperson of the Council of the Assembly of peoples of Russia;
- Stanislav Korolev, Deputy Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, Consul General of the International Center for the SCO and BRICS;
- Andrei Vassoevich, Professor, Director of the Institute of Oriental Studies of Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia in St. Petersburg, Head of the St. Petersburg Council for Peace and Accord (formerly the Leningrad Regional Peace Committee);
- Vladimir Zhuravlev, Deputy Chairman of the Civic Chamber of the Leningrad Region;
- Aleksey Igonin, Deputy of the Legislative Assembly of the Leningrad Region;
- Nikolai Kuzmin, Deputy of the Legislative Assembly of the Leningrad Region;
- Igor Shuvalov, Head of the North-West CSKCP;
- Olga Kornilova, Head of the Petersburg Cadets RPO;
- Vladimir Surinov, Head of the NGO “SOBR (Special Rapid Response Unit) Veterans”;
- Sergei Lisovsky, Chief Editor of the newspaper “Society and Ecology”;
- Nikolay Mikluho-Maklay, Head of the N.N. Mikluho-Maklay Foundation;
- Olga Linitskaya, Head of the Russian Foundation for the Revival of Russian Cultural Traditions, Health Improvement, Ecology, and Physical Education “Berega”;
- leaders of ethnic communities of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region.
The International Patriotic Action “Road of Life - Road of Military Glory” received the broadest public support; this proves its relevance both in Russia and in other states - participants in World War II and the Great Patriotic War.