On December 5-6, 2020, the “House of Friendship of the Leningrad Region” in St. Petersburg and the “Road of Life” Museum in Vsevolozhsk hosted the 6th Session of the International Public Forum “Preserving the Memory of the Second World War and the Great Patriotic War”.
The forum organizers are the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, the Eurasian Academy of Television and Radio, the “Digital History” Research Foundation.
On December 5 the forum's live broadcast gathered more than 10 thousand views on the Digital History YouTube Channel.
Andrey Belyaninov, Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly, Doctor of Economics, Doctor of Political Science, and Vladimir Mikhailenko, Director of the “House of Friendship of the Leningrad Region” welcomed the forum participants.
Valery Ruzin, Deputy Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly, President of the Eurasian Academy of Television and Radio, and Yegor Yakovlev, Director of the “Digital History” research Foundation moderated the forum.
On the first day of the forum, 19 speakers made presentations:
- Yegor Yakovlev, Director of the «Digital History»Research Foundation
The Hunger Plan and the Wevelsburg Meeting: towards the origins of the Nazi genocide of the peoples of the USSR;
- Nikita Lomagin, Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor of the European University at St. Petersburg
Leningrad in the plans by the Nazi command in 1941-1942;
- Christian Gerlach, Doctor of History, Professor of Modern History at the University of Bern (Switzerland)
Calculated deaths: extermination of the civilian population in Belarus;
- Ksenia Chepikova, historian, PhD (Germany)
Announcement of the collection «War of Extermination: Documents». The publication will present documents on the Nazi extermination policy, first translated into Russian and not previously introduced into the national scientific circulation;
- Ksenia Sak, PhD in History, Leading Researcher at the House of Russia Abroad
Unreported and Forgotten: Rape of Women in the Soviet Occupied Territories;
- Alexander Dyukov, historian, director of the «Historical Memory» Foundation, researcher at the Institute of Russian History of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Punitive operations of the Nazi invaders in the USSR in 1942-1943;
- Bair Irincheev, historian, director of the Karelian Isthmus Military Museum
Finnish Forces war crimes during the Second World War;
- Yuri Palamarchuk, Head of the Representation of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly in the Leningrad Region, President of the RPO Council for Interethnic Cooperation
The Road of Life - Road of Military Glory» project;
- Mussalam Sheato, Head of the Russian-Arab Centre (Saint Petersburg, Russia);
- Alexander Uzhanov, Director of the Institute of Social Memory (Moscow), Associate Professor of MGIMO of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, PhD in Sociology
International project «Homeland of Feat - Homeland of a Hero»;
- Dalbir Singh, Co-Chairman of the General Council of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, National Secretary of Indian National Congress, President of the Foundation for Policy and Governance (India)
Consequences and lessons of the Second World War;
- Mikhail Amindzhanov, public figure, grandson of Roman Rudenko, the Chief Prosecutor from the USSR at the Nuremberg trial
The Nuremberg Trials - the Triumph of Historical Justice;
- Alexander Sotov, PhD in Law, Associate Professor of the MSU, faculty of Law
The Nuremberg Trials: A Criminalist's View;
- Alexey Isaev, PhD in History
«Scorched earth» policy of the Wehrmacht retreat;
- Alexander Zdanovich, Doctor of Historical Sciences, Lieutenant General of the FSB of the Russian Federation
Kharkov and Krasnodar trials of Nazi criminals;
- Laila Akhmetova, Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor of Al-Farabi KazNU (Almaty, Kazakhstan)
Preserving the memory of the Panfilov division. 2017-2020;
- Yuriyus Trakshyalis, Chairman of the Military Heritage Institute NGO (Lithuania)
International patriotic project «Memory» on creating a video register (chronicles) of Soviet military graves and memorial sites on the territory of the former USSR republics and the European Union;
- Alisher Sabirov, associate professor of the Tashkent State Pedagogical University named after Nizami, Candidate of Historical Sciences, Deputy Chairman of the Society of Historians of Uzbekistan
The experience of perpetuating historical memory in modern Uzbekistan;
- Dmitry Lyukshin, associate Professor of Kazan Federal University
Russian students in the battles for Victory: mobile defence in the historical memory fields.
Recall, the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, together with partners the Eurasian Academy of Television and Radio and the “Digital History” Research Foundation, holds the forum for the sixth time. First held as part of the XV Sevastopol International Festival of Documentary Films and TV Programs “VICTORIOUS TOGETHER” in May 2019, the forum, supported by the Ministry of Culture of Azerbaijan and the Russian Centre for Science and Culture, was continued at the Baku Slavic University in October 2019. In February 2020 it took part in Yalta as part of the International Scientific Conference “Yalta-1945: Lessons of History”, and on June 17, 2020 it was held online with the participation of experts from 15 countries, and in early September 2020 - in the city of Sevastopol.
Sessions of the International Public Forum “Preserving the Memory of the Second World War and the Great Patriotic War” are a part of the International Megaproject of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly “VICTORIOUS TOGETHER - in the name of Peace”.
Eurasian Peoples' Assembly
Eurasian Peoples' Assembly is an international non-governmental organization that aims to form a social integration model in the name of establishing peace and harmony through the development of multilateral cooperation and public (people's) diplomacy. At present, the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly unites representatives of more than 40 countries.
Megaproject “VICTORIOUS TOGETHER - in the name of Peace”
Megaproject of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly “VICTORIOUS TOGETHER - in the name of Peace” includes international public forums to preserve the historical memory of the Second World War and the Great Patriotic War; Sevastopol International Festival of Documentary Films and TV Programs VICTORIOUS TOGETHER, international commemorative actions in honour of the landmark events of the Second World War, the Great Patriotic War and other events. Information and news of Megaproject is in a special section.