The Yalta forum “VICTORIOUS TOGETHER – for Peace and Creation” is the third in a series of International public forums to preserve the memory of the Second World and Great Patriotic Wars, held by the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly on the eve of the 75th anniversary of the Great Victory. Previous forums were held in Sevastopol in May 2019 and in Baku in October 2019. In February 2020, the forum was organized in Yalta as part of the International Conference "Yalta-1945: History Lessons".
February 13-14, 2020 the Livadia Palace in Crimea hosted the International Scientific Conference "Yalta-1945: Lessons of History", dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Crimean (Yalta) Conference in 1945. The Forum organizers were the Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, the Foundation for the Study of Historical Perspective, the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly, the Livadia Palace Museum.
On February 13, state and public figures, historians, publicists from 16 countries: Russia, the United States of America, Great Britain, France, Austria, Canada, Serbia, Latvia, Belarus, Moldova, Turkey, India, China, Tajikistan, Poland, Vietnam attended, the opening ceremony of the conference.
The conference opened with the welcome addresses by: First Deputy Chairman of the Committee of the Council of the Federation on Science, Education and Culture Grigory Karasin; Chairman of the State Council of the Republic of Crimea Vladimir Konstantinov; Deputy Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Crimea - Permanent Representative of the Republic of Crimea to the President of the Russian Federation Georgy Muradov; Deputy Governor - Chairman of the Government of Sevastopol Olga Timofeeva; President of the Historical Perspectives Foundation, member of the Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation Natalia Narochnitskaya; Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly Andrei Belyaninov; Executive Director of the “History of the Fatherland” Foundation Konstantin Mogilevsky. The conference was attended by senators of the Federation Council Grigory Karasin, Alexey Alexandrov, Ekaterina Altabaeva, Olga Kovitidi, Mikhail Kozlov, Valery Kulikov, and Sergey Tsekov.
Welcome addresses from Valentina Matviyenko, President of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation,; Vladimir Medinsky Assistant to the President of the Russian Federation, President of the Russian Military Historical Society; Sergey Aksyonov the head of the Republic of Crimea,; Sergei Naryshkin, Chairman of the Russian Historical Society were read out.
On the first day there were two sessions:
- "Yalta-45 as the Pinnacle of Alliance." Moderators: First Deputy Chairman of the Federation Council Committee on Science, Education and Culture Grigory Karasin and President of the Historical Perspectives Foundation Natalia Narochnitskaya;
- "The Significance of Yalta-1945 for the Modern World." Moderators: Member of the Federation Council Committee on Constitutional Law and State Construction Alexey Alexandrov and Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly Andrey Belyaninov.
Speakers of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly gave presentations at the sessions:
- Yakish Yashar (Turkey), Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkey (2002–2003);
- Ochirova Alexandra Vasilievna (Russia), UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador, Member of the Presidium of the General Council of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly;
- Soliev Safarbek (Tajikistan), analyst, adviser on external relations of the UN Development Program in Tajikistan, film director;
- Shi Andrey (China / Russia), business representative of Qingdao hanlin zhai culture Co., Ltd in Russia and Eastern Europe
- Singh Dalbir (India), Co-Chair of the General Council of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly (video report).
On the same day, the Livadia Palace hosted a solemn ceremony to extinguish the anniversary postage stamp issued in honor of the 75th anniversary of the 1945 Yalta Conference as part of the "History of Russian Diplomacy" series.
On the second day of the conference, on February 14, in the White Hall of the Livadia Palace took place the International Public Forum for the preservation of the memory of the Second World War and the Great Patriotic War “VICTORY TOGETHER - for Peace and Creation”, organized by the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly. Representatives of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, the State Council of the Republic of Crimea, as well as the Historical Perspective Foundation, the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, the Eurasian Academy of Television and Radio, the Association of Russian Society Researchers and other public organizations took part in it. General Secretary of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly Andrei Belyaninov was the forum moderator. The representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry in Simferopol, Artem Berezovsky greeted the participants.
Speakers at the forum:
- Igor Khalevinsky, Co-Chair of the General Council of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, Chairman of the Association of Russian Diplomats Council;
- Ageev Alexander Ivanovich, Director General of the Institute of Economic Strategies; Remyga Vladimir Nikolaevich, President of the Eurasian Center for High Technologies;
- Dzugaev Lev Bartuyevich, Advisor to the Editor-in-Chief of Russia Today TV Channel;
- Kasaev Alan Chermenovich, editor-in-chief of the website of the Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration;
- Nevezhin Vladimir Aleksandrovich, Leading Researcher, Institute of Russian History, Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Cheremushkin Petr Germanovich, Research Fellow, SIC Association of Russian Society of Researchers;
- Markek Peter, Member of the National Council of Slovakia;
- Seshel Alexander, Member of the National Assembly of Serbia; Shapovalov Boris Andreevich, member of the National Coordination Committee “Victory” and the Executive Committee of the Union of Officers of the Republic of Moldova;
- Ge Zhili (China), member of the coordinating council of the International Association of Friends of Crimea;
- Nazarov Sergey Dmitrievich, Chairman of the Regional Council of the Volgograd Regional Branch of the All-Russian Public Organization of Veterans of War, Labor, Armed Forces and Law Enforcement Agencies;
- Budchenko Lidia Ivanovna, Chairman of the Volgograd Regional Branch of the Assembly of Peoples of Russia;
- Shevchenko Oleg Konstantinovich, chairman of the Crimean branch of the Russian Philosophical Society, and other speakers.
At the International Public Forum “VICTORIOS TOGETHER – for Peace and Creation”, the Livadia Declaration on the maintenance of peace and security was adopted. Following the forum, a collection of reports will be published.
Read more news about the forum: