On November 2-3, Sevastopol hosted the International Ethno-Confessional Forum-Festival “Faith. Good. Unity”, dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic war and National Unity Day.
Organizers: Representation of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly in Sevastopol (Russia) and Sevastopol branch of the Assembly of peoples of Russia.
The Forum-Festival was held exclusively online. It was attended by representatives of government agencies, Russian and foreign educational and public organizations interested in the harmonization of interethnic and interfaith relations, national-cultural and religious organizations, university students from the countries of Eurasia: Kazakhstan, Armenia, India, Latvia, Lithuania and different regions of Russia (Perm, Moscow, Leningrad region, Grozny, Smolensk, Nizhny Novgorod, Yekaterinburg).
The following issues were discussed in the Forum-Festival:
- Russia as a multi-ethnic and confessional State;
- The role of religion in preserving traditional values;
- Ethno confessional dialogue: past experiences and the present;
- Spiritual and moral education of young people and basic values of civil identity;
- Interaction of state authorities and religious organizations on harmonization of inter-confessional and inter-ethnic relations;
- Philosophy of ethnicity: national and western concepts;
- Principles of globalization in solving ethno-confessional problems: human rights, freedom, citizenship of any other state, tolerance, multiculturalism, etc.; Ethno demographic problems in modern Russia.
During the Forum-Festival, an Agreement on cooperation was signed between the Sevastopol Branch of the Assembly of peoples of Russia, represented by the Chairman of the Council Ruslan Koveyko, and the Union of Heroes of the Hero City of Sevastopol, represented by the Chairman, Hero of Russia Dmitry Polkovnikov.
As an outcome of the Forum-Festival, a resolution was adopted. According to the resolution, the participants unanimously approved the conclusion on the need to recognize the ethno-confessional forum-festival as a multifunctional educational and practical platform that will bring together representatives of state authorities, experts in the sphere of ethno-confessional relations, social projecting, as well as representatives of the established civil sector and potential civil society assets. They also made a number of proposals, in particular, to encourage and support socially oriented projects aimed at harmonizing ethnic and religious relations; to create special projects dedicated to the preservation of historical memory and patriotic education of young people; to take measures to create an educational program for training specialists in the field of interethnic and interfaith relations.
The participants of the Forum-Festival were awarded Certificates. Then there was a concert of a wonderful music and song compositions and poems.
The Sevastopol International Ethno-Confessional Forum-Festival was implemented as part of the Crimean Eurasian school of Commonwealth project using a Grant of the President of the Russian Federation for the development of civil society provided by the Presidential Grants Fund.