The International Action "Day of Spiritual Harmony of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly" aims at strengthening international humanitarian cooperation, friendship and mutual understanding of the peoples of Eurasia basing on spiritual harmony and traditional universal values.
The history of the Day of Spiritual Harmony dates back to Kazakhstan. On October 18, 1992, Alma-Ata hosted the first Congress on Spiritual Harmony. It was held on the initiative of the International Association "Peace through Culture" and supported by the First President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev. Its participants - prominent religious and public figures from Austria, Great Britain, Germany, India, Italy, Russia, USA, Switzerland and other countries - proposed to declare the opening day of the Congress as the Day of World Spiritual Harmony.
The Congress participants called for a moratorium on any military action, clashes, disputes and discussions on October 18 and dedicate the day to prayers and meditations, calling for harmony, unity, concelebrating in mercy. Provide other forms that promote mutual understanding and spiritual fraternization of the people of the Earth.
For almost 30 years now, this date has been celebrated in Kazakhstan and in a number of public organizations of other countries, charitable events, thematic events, concerts dedicated to the establishment of mutual understanding and reconciliation among people of different nationalities and confessions, as well as the traditions of mercy have been held.
The Eurasian Peoples' Assembly invites all members, partners and friends in the countries of Eurasia to join this initiative, to support the idea of uniting people, mutual respect for spiritual traditions and cultural values.
In support of the Action on October 18, we offer participants to organize and hold:
- eacemaking projects aimed at achieving peace and mutual understanding between people and peoples;
- conferences, forums, round tables on maintaining interfaith harmony in society, respectful and careful attitude to each other's religious feelings;
- cultural and humanitarian events with the participation of children and youth, aimed at preserving and maintaining traditional values, the memory of ancestors, the intergenerational ties;
- charitable actions to help those in need, showing care for the younger, sick and infirm;
- other acceptable forms of relations between people and communities aimed at seeking reconciliation, establishing harmony, showing mercy and helping those close and distant.
The activities of the Action can be carried out in the long term, during October-month.
Information about the Action is posted by participants on their Internet resources with hashtags #EURASIASPIRIT, # ANE, #EURASIAESSEMBLY and with a link to the official pages of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly.
Up-to-date information about the Action and the results are posted on social networks and on the official website of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly.
Contacts: + 7 (495) 197 67 79, ext. 3305; firstname.lastname@example.org