Project name: IV International Caricature Contest "Eurasia"
Project manager: Maxim Smagin, Director of the Yekaterinburg Museum of Caricature, cartoonist
Project initiator: Pavlov Anatoly Ivanovich, member of the General Council of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, Chairman of the Sverdlovsk regional branch of the All-Russian Council of Local Self-Government
Time and venue: countries of Eurasia and the world, November 1, 2021 - April 1, 2022
The goal of the project is to promote the development of good-neighborly relations between the peoples of the Eurasian continent and the whole world.
- promoting the development of intercultural dialogue, mutual understanding and friendship through the art of caricature;
- drawing the attention of graphic artists from different countries of the world to common social problems;
- promoting the development of the cultural space of modern Eurasia.
Content of the project
Today, when the peoples of the world are faced with the task of agreeing on common basic values, the Eurasia International Caricature Contest on the theme “Hello, Neighbor!” will become a universal negotiating platform, since a “drawn” thought does not require translation. The competition will clearly demonstrate that people in different countries are worried about the same problems. And humor in graphic works is both an excellent translator and a cure for many diseases, including social and political ones.
Stages of project
- November 1, 2021 - March 15, 2022 - accepting applications for participation in the contest.
- March 15, 2022 - April 1, 2022 - the work of the jury, preparation and printing of the competition catalog, organization of the award ceremony for the winners and the competition and exhibition of the best works.
The awards ceremony for the winners and the opening of the exhibition will be timed to coincide with International April Fool's Day on April 1, 2022.