The next online meeting with partners of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly was held on June 25. The Assembly guests were representatives of the international Mugham Centre in Baku (Azerbaijan).
During the meeting the International Mugham Centre and new projects of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly were presented.
Recall that the Assembly signed an agreement with the International Mugham Centre during the Days of the Assembly in Azerbaijan.
Other colleagues from Azerbaijan joined the online meeting. Also, President of the National NGO Forum of Azerbaijan, Deputy Secretary General of the Assembly Rauf Zeini took part in it. The Assembly concluded an agreement with this organization while in Baku.
Participants of the online meeting discussed the prospects for further implementation of joint projects.
The meeting was broadcast live on the Facebook account of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly.
The meeting was attended by:
- Svetlana Smirnova, First Deputy Secretary General - Head of the General Secretariat of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly;
- Murad Huseynov, Director of the International Mugham Centre, People's Artist of Azerbaijan;
- Rauf Zeini, President of the National NGO Forum of Azerbaijan;
- Naila Ragimbeyli, Doctor of Art History, Professor, Head of the Department “Musical folklore” of the Institute of Folklore of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan;
- Arzu Gulamov, project manager of the International Mugham Centre, Academician of the Eurasian Academy of Television and Radio, member of the Union of Cinematographers of Azerbaijan;
- Elmira Shcherbakova, Chairman of the Council for International Cultural Cooperation, President of the charity Fund “Peace and cooperation”, Head of the project “Theatrical Eurasia”.
- The meeting was moderated by Lyubov Elkina, Deputy Head of the General Secretariat of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly for Information Policy.
A record of the meeting is posted on the YouTube channel of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly.
About Mugham and International Mugham Centre in Baku
Mugham is one of the main genres of Azerbaijani music. In 2005, at the initiative of the President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, Mehriban Aliyeva, a decision was made to hold a “round table” with the participation of prominent mugham figures. During the discussions, it was decided to create an International Mugham Centre in Baku. The establishment of the International Mugham Centre was approved by the Decree of the President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev in 2005.
The inclusion of Mugham in the list of masterpieces of the oral and intangible cultural heritage of humanity by UNESCO in 2008 also confirmed the need to create a separate international centre specializing in events to reproduce this genre.
About The Assembly
Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly is an international non-governmental organization that aims at global partnership and the development of multilateral cooperation between representatives of different countries – citizens and organizations.
Currently, the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly has concluded more than 80 agreements with partners from 15 countries in various fields of activity: culture, entrepreneurship, development of integration relations between the peoples of Eurasia, public diplomacy.