On July 9, in Moscow at the TASS Press Center, as part of the General meeting of members of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, the Secretary General of the organization, Andrei Belyaninov, presented the Eurasian Public Recognition Award the "ENVOY OF AMITY" to prominent public figures.
The award was established by the International Union of Non-Governmental Organizations “The Eurasian Peoples' Assembly” to stimulate the development of multilateral cooperation in the formation of a social integration model of a Great Eurasian Partnership of peoples. The award is recognition of the nominees’ merits for their significant contribution to the strengthening of friendship and peace among the peoples of Eurasia.
The laureates of the Eurasian Public Recognition Award the "ENVOY OF AMITY" are:
- Alexandra Ochirova, Deputy Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador (Russia);
- Anatoly Karpov, multiple World Chess Champion, President of the International Association of Peace Foundations, Deputy of the State Duma of the Russian Federation (Russia);
- Olzhas Suleimenov, public and political figure of Kazakhstan, People's Writer of Kazakhstan, diplomat, Permanent Representative of the Republic of Kazakhstan to UNESCO (Kazakhstan);
- Andres Santana Arribas, Director of the Pushkin Institute at the University of Cadiz (Spain);
- Didier Chaudesaygues, President of the Russian-French Economic Chamber (France);
- François Ndengwe, Deputy Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, Chairman of the African Advisory Board (AAB) (Cameroon).
“It is a great honor for me to be a part of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly that today is an important union of non-governmental organizations of socio-cultural spaces from different countries of the world. The concept of "peace" is the most systemic one; it has always been thinking over by people. The Eurasian Public Recognition Award is a very high award for me. Public awards have a special significance, so I regard the ENVOY OF AMITY award as an advance,” - noted the laureate of the award, Alexandra Ochirova.
In 2021, the General Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly was held online with the support of the UN Information Center. General media partner - TASS. Media partners: Big Asia, MTRK Mir, MKR-Media, TV BRICS.