On February 11, within the General Council meeting, the International Union of Non-Governmental Organizations “The Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly” and the Federal State-Funded Educational Institution of Higher Education “Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation” signed a cooperation agreement.
The agreement was signed by the Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly Andrey Belyaninov and the Rector of the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation Stanislav Prokofiev.
In particular, Stanislav Prokofiev said:
“The activities of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly play an important geopolitical role in the modern world. <...> For the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation, the signing of a cooperation agreement with the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly is, without exaggeration, a great honor and a very significant event.
The Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation is one of the largest universities in our country with more than 100 years of history. More than 45 thousand students study in 27 branches and at the head university throughout our country. In particular, we are very proud that more than 2000 of these students are foreign students from 82 countries of the world.
And today, when the relevance of the development of the Eurasian partnership is absolutely clear, the Financial University, having a great intellectual and human potential, is glad to have the opportunity to become an active participant in the formation of an effective integration model and the implementation of large-scale projects in the field of international educational, cultural, research and other types of cooperation.
The Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, which brings together non-governmental organizations from more than 53 countries in various areas of activity, is an important strategic partner for us.
I am convinced that the cooperation between the Financial University and the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly will be productive, and our joint work will achieve a synergistic effect, improve the quality of scientific and educational activities and, I hope, become another, albeit small, but important step to strengthen the Eurasian partnership.”
The Eurasian Peoples' Assembly and the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation, in particular, agreed on cooperation in the following areas:
- pooling efforts to intensify international cooperation in scientific, educational and cultural activities in the interests of sustainable development;
- implementation of joint scientific, educational, cultural and humanitarian projects and programs; conferences, seminars, exhibitions, etc.;
- conducting scientific research commissioned by international, intergovernmental, state, municipal, commercial and non-commercial organizations, preparing joint publications;
- participation in international and country grants, competitions, programs;
- assistance in the formation of an international expert and professional community in the main areas of scientific, educational, social, cultural and humanitarian activities;
- development of mechanisms for scientific diplomacy in order to represent and increase the authority of the Russian scientific community on international platforms;
- holding events and supporting projects to create and implement effective tools to motivate young people to improve their professional competencies, assist in solving social problems of young people.
The Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation
The Federal State-Funded Educational Institution of Higher Education "Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation" is one of the oldest Russian universities that trains economists, financiers, lawyers in financial law, mathematicians, IT specialists, sociologists and political scientists. Website - http://www.fa.ru.
The Eurasian Peoples' Assembly
The Eurasian Peoples' Assembly is an international non-governmental organization aimed at forming a social integration model in the name of establishing peace and harmony through the development of multilateral cooperation and public (people's) diplomacy in the Eurasian space. The Assembly brings together representatives of more than 53 countries. The organization has concluded about 140 partnership agreements in the field of culture, entrepreneurship, development of integration ties between the peoples of Eurasia and public diplomacy. Website – http://eurasia-assembly.org