On September 21, 2020, at 3 p.m. (Moscow time), the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly held an online event dedicated to the International Day of Peace.
The goals of the online event: to support the peace initiative on the occasion of the International Day of Peace on September 21, approved by the UN General Assembly; to involve representatives of the world community in the discussion of priority issues of preserving peace and harmony; to emphasize the role of global governmental and non-governmental organizations in organizing a constructive dialogue with the world community about peace and mutual understanding between countries and peoples.
Prominent public and scientific figures, representatives of international organizations UNESCO, the UN, and diplomatic missions in the Russian Federation from Benin, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Russia, the United States, France, and other countries took part in the event.
The broadcast is available on the official Facebook account of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly: https://www.facebook.com/EurasiaAssembly/posts/2399291953700559
The guests were welcomed by Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly Andrey Belyaninov and First Deputy Secretary General – Head of the General Secretariat of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly, Chairperson of the Council of Assembly of Peoples’ of Russia Svetlana Smirnova.
The following speakers addressed the audience:
- Grigory Ordzhonikidze, Ambassador-at-Large of the Russian foreign Ministry, Executive Secretary of the Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO (Russia);
- Deputy Chairman of Assembly of people of Kazakhstan –Head of Secretariat of Assembly of people of Kazakhstan of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan Zhanseit Tuimebayev (Kazakhstan);
- Deputy Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly, UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador, poet Alexandra Ochirova (Russia);
- Serge Focas, President of the Foundation the “Centre for Business Development and Cooperation with Russia” (West Africa, Republic of Benin);
- The President of the Russian-French Economic Chamber Didier Chaudesaygues (France);
- First Secretary of the Embassy of Vietnam in Russia Ly Tien Hung (Vietnam);
- President of the American University in Moscow, Professor of Moscow state University and National Research Nuclear University MEPhI NRU Eduard Lozansky (USA);
- Co-chair of the Coordination Council of the Eurasian Youth Assembly Kristina Tatarnikova (Russia).
Recall, every year on the International Day of Peace the International Union of Non-governmental organizations “Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly” holds a Solemn Reception.