Project Name: Heritage of Eurasia: Cultural Practices in Rural Areas
Project leader: Shakhtina Yulia Germanovna, project manager of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, Head of the ANO "Center for Ethnocultural Education and Social Initiatives "ARTE".
Venue: Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan
Implementation period: January-September 2022
The purpose of the project: the involvement of rural areas of Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan in strengthening intercultural Eurasian integration through the development of ethno-cultural potential and the practice of socio-cultural design.
- Identification of opportunities for the development of rural areas in Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan in the socio-cultural dimension.
- Creation of conditions for the sustainable development of rural areas in the Eurasian space in the context of the development of the ethno-cultural environment.
- Support for socio-cultural practices and initiatives in rural areas.
- Formation of a community of Eurasian rural areas, building forms of intercultural interaction.
"Heritage of Eurasia: Cultural Practices of Rural Areas" - a project aimed at creating a Eurasian partnership of rural areas in a number of regions of the Russian Federation, the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Kyrgyz Republic. It presents a series of educational part-time intensives for active residents who are interested in unlocking the socio-cultural potential of towns and villages. The project is based on the identification and support of rural socio-cultural practices, teaching the technology of socio-cultural design, development of social projects that contribute to the preservation and enhancement of the cultural heritage of rural areas. The project includes online and offline formats, and the main forms of its implementation are educational tours to Russian villages, online workshops, seminars, public presentations, consultations and mentoring support of the project's expert-training group.
In total, 30 active rural residents and 10 rural areas will take part in the project.
Expected results of the project implementation
- Strengthening interstate cooperation and strategic partnership between Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan on the basis of intercultural integration of rural areas.
- Increasing the level of knowledge and competencies of active rural residents in the preservation of ethno-cultural heritage through the practice of socio-cultural design.
- Building a long-term platform for interaction between rural areas, forming a community of rural leaders capable of qualitatively changing the appearance of the village, increasing the cultural heritage of the territories.
- Support for rural practices of socio-cultural development, providing them with regular organizational, informational, consulting assistance, creating conditions for their expansion and replication.
- Preservation of ethnic cultures, languages of the peoples of Eurasia, identification of modern forms of their development, formation of a positive image, increasing interest in the native culture and language of young people and the younger generation.
- Analysis of the current state of rural areas on the example of several regions, identification of key problems and points of growth in the socio-cultural dimension, general and various aspects of development.
The project is supported by a grant from the Presidential Foundation for Cultural Initiatives, implemented with the participation of the Civil Alliance of Kazakhstan, the Assembly of Peoples of Kyrgyzstan.
The official hashtag of the project: #HeritageEurasia
Social media accounts
The Eurasian Peoples' Assembly presented the Best Projects for the Development of Rural Areas
Webinar "Media Support of the Project". Video
International Educational Tour "Heritage of Eurasia: Cultural Practices of Rural Areas" – Outcomes. Video
Webinars on Rural Development | August 23, 2022, August 30, 2022
The International Educational Tour "Heritage of Eurasia: Cultural Practices of Rural Areas" ended in Udmurtia
The First International Educational Tour on Rural Development | June 01-06, 2022
Competitive Admission for Participation in the Week-Long Educational Tour "Heritage of Eurasia: Cultural Practices of Rural Areas" | Apply by April 25, 2021
The Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly sums up the First Results of a Comprehensive Study of Rural Areas
The project "Heritage of Eurasia: Cultural Practices of Rural Areas" officially launched
The Eurasian Peoples' Assembly implements a Project aimed at the Development of Rural Areas