On November 13, World Goodness Day, the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly held an online Discussion “Cultural and Spiritual Foundations of International Public Relations: Culture and Humanitarian Security”.
Representatives of 10 countries attended the Discussion. The purpose of the discussion is to draw attention to the issues of humanitarian security in international public relations and to new forms of cultural cooperation at the present stage.
Svetlana Smirnova, First Deputy Secretary General - Head of the General Secretariat of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly moderated the event. She reminded the audience that the discussion was planned to be held as part of the St. Petersburg International Cultural Forum (SPbCF - 2020), which was postponed to 2021.
Grigory Ordzhonikidze, Executive Secretary of the Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO, welcomed the participants of the online discussion. He stressed the importance of the topic of culture and humanitarian security in our days and recalled the fundamental principles of UNESCO to strengthen international understanding and cooperation in the field of culture and communication.
The main speaker of the discussion, UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador, Deputy Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly Alexandra Ochirova, spoke in detail about the concept of humanitarian security and noted the need for active involvement of broad segments of the world community, effective use of modern means and technologies of people's diplomacy, the full potential of culture and opportunities for international cultural cooperation.
Next came the speeches by:
- Santana Arribas ANDRES, Head of the International University Centre for Eastern Europe and Central Asia and the Centre for Russian Language and Culture «Pushkin Institute» at the University of Cadiz (Spain)
- YAVNY Andrey Igorevich, writer, researcher, philosopher, Advisor to the Head of the General Secretariat of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly (Ukraine)
- DANILOVA Svetlana Dmitrievna, member of the Council for Spiritual Culture of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, Deputy Director of the “Cultural and Historical Expo Centre of the Sun” (Russia)
- HUSEYNOV Murad, Honoured Artist of Azerbaijan, Director of the International Mugham Centre (Azerbaijan)
- Olivier LAPIDUS, Fashion Designer, organizer of the online Design School (France)
- Ebrima MBENGA, musician, philanthropist, Director of the «African Hearts» Drum Show (Gambia)
- John FARNDON, Chairman of the Eurasian Creative Guild. London» (Great Britain)
- KHOLODENOVA Marina, President of the Russian House in Verona (Italy)
- Rainer VOLLKOMMER, Director of the Liechtenstein National Museum (Liechtenstein)
- SHARENKOVA Svetlana, member of the Presidium of the World Association of the Russian-language Press, Chairman of the Forum “Bulgaria-Russia”, Doctor of Political Science (Bulgaria)
- SHCHERBAKOVA Elmira Muratbekovna, President of the Fund for Social Initiatives “Peace and Harmony”, Chairman of the Council for International Cultural Cooperation of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly (Russia)
As a result, participants of the online Discussion “Cultural and Spiritual Foundations of International Public Relations: Culture and Humanitarian Security” adopted a Resolution that will soon appear on the website of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly.
The discussion was broadcast on the official Facebook account of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly.